Saturday, December 28, 2013
So far a total of five schools have been reached, but there are more asking for aid. Each school has up to 300 children who need access to clean water. This does not include the parents of the children, the workers at the school, and the general populace that also live nearby. As many as 2000 people can use one well regularly. The goal of ourselves and Pastor Tom Abungu is to place 10 more wells in the Siaya District before moving on to giving aid to the Maasai.
Pastor Tom Abungu thanks everyone for their support and he will try to attend the Water Walk this upcoming year.
Friday, December 27, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Thursday, April 18, 2013
My sweet friend, Jaime, donated this beautiful Origami Owl locket and we'll be giving it away in conjunction with the walk. All donations of $25 or more will be entered into a drawing, which will be conducted at the end of the event. You don't want to miss the chance to win this special necklace!
Also, don't forget that we have a matching grant for this well. All donations will be 100% matched.
Hope to see you Saturday at Rio Vista Park!
Oh, almost forgot! Cade has been working on the blog lately, posting updates and such. Way to go, Cade!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday, April 15, 2013
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Rio Rancho Water Walk! We hope to see you there.
Friday, April 12, 2013
One last thing, are you coming to the Rio Rancho Water Walk? We'd love to see you there!
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Who: H20: Hydration 2 Others
What: A mile-long walk from the park down to the river to collect water and bring it back in a jug as a reminder of what people across the world have to do every day.
When: April 20, starting at 10 A.M.
Where: Rio Vista Park in Rio Rancho.
Cost: A suggested donation of $10 per student, $25 per adult, and $50 per family.
Why: Because every year, the equivalent of the population of Los Angeles dies from lack of access to clean drinking water. Really puts things in perspective doesn't it? That's over 3.4 million people. Currently, 780 million people lack access to clean drinking water. That means every one in nine people die from lack of access to clean drinking water. We are doing this to bring down those numbers. Individually we can't do anything. But if we stand together, we can bring down those numbers. Join us in our Water Walk.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Bring an empty container and start at Rio Vista Park in Rio Rancho. We'll walk down to the Rio Grande River to collect water and then return to the park.
Suggested tax deductible donation is $10 for students, $25 for individuals, and $50 for families. However, any donation amount will be appreciated! We are currently fundraising for well #5 and are excited to have a matching donor! So, your donation will be doubled by our anonymous benefactors!
If you're unable to attend, you can still help! For information on how to make a donation through the mail or with Paypal please go to: http://
This event is hosted by h2O (hydration 2 others) and Celebration Baptist Church youth group. To find out more about h2O, look us up on Facebook or check out our blog at hydration2others.blogspot.
We hope to see you and your friends and family on April 20!
A few weeks ago, the women of Celebration Baptist Church spent the day making cloth pads for the girls in Kenya. Women and girls miss work and school every month when they lack adequate supplies during their monthly cycle. The kits we are supplying will last for years and will allow the women to discreetly take care of their needs, while going on with life as usual. This is a project we're really excited about! I am a birth doula and have done a lot of childbirth and breastfeeding education and support. Women's issues are where my heart is. I love that my church has come alongside us with this project. Thanks to Cathy C. for leading the charge!
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Over the past year, Edwin and Doris [Angie' parents] have provided shoes for about 150 kids. Here are some pictures from the shoe distribution that took place this month.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Also, we received some new pictures from Kenya! Here is the future site of well #4. That's our friend, Jerry, giving the tour.
Friday, January 11, 2013
I'll do a little update here:
- The Clovis Water Walk in October was a success! Despite the windy, chilly day, we raised over $2000 toward well #4!
- We have two new t-shirt designs that have gotten great reviews from our fans. Congratulations to Anneliese Nauck on winning our design contest! We love it!
- We heard exciting news from Kenya. While our team was in the village last June, at the dedication ceremony for well #2, a pastor who had been attending the pastoral training done by our team announced to those gathered that he was starting a church. It's called Celebration, after our home church of Celebration Baptist. The church has grown and thrived and now has a membership of about 100 people! They are planning to build a church soon, so they can have their very own place. How amazing is that??!! Our God is SO GOOD! Our mission is to spread the gospel through the work we're doing. It's so exciting to hear how many lives are being touched through our passion for clean water and the work our team did with the teaching last summer. People are being saved and lives are a changin' ya'll!
- Ok. Now. The big one...... Well #4 is COMPLETELY FUNDED!!! Exactly one year ago, the first team was in country to see the installation of #1. In twelve short months, the funds have come in for three more wells. Thousands of lives are being saved, and changed, and it's all in the name of Jesus.
- Here's a reminder of where we were a year ago:
- We have a big, gigantic exciting announcement coming up soon! We need to work out some details, but God is doing BIG work in Kenya!
I tell ya what, we are so humbled and grateful for this ministry and the many people who support it. When our son's birth mother passed away three years ago from causes related to lack of safe access to clean drinking water, it was not in vain. Because of her life, thousands of lives are being saved and redeemed! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping to create this legacy.